Life

Boy Almost Dies after Swallowing Magnets to become ‘Magnetic’

A British boy hoping to harness the powers of X-Men baddie Magneto is lucky to be alive after he swallowed a stomach-full of magnetic, doctors say.

Rhiley Morrison, 12, downed 54 “magnetic balls” in hopes of magnetizing his body, according to doctors. He also told health officials he wanted to see what they looked like “when they came back out,” says his mom, 30-year-old Paige Ward.

The problem was they didn’t come back out. Morrison had to undergo a six-hour operation, after which he spent 10 days being fed through a tube, Ward says. “Rhiley is massively into science,” Ward says. “He loves experiments.”

What’s the stupidest thing you’ve done to hurt yourself or make yourself sick?

Download X96's App



Join X96's email list for information about concerts, contests, and more!

* indicates required

Author

  • X96 is Utah's Original Alternative. It is self-aware. It is ingrained. It plays bands like Panic! at the Disco, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Cure, and Muse. It's part of a healthy diet and it's why native Utahns are so stout and stalwart. Listen and become part of it and it will become part of you.

Comments
To Top