The NFL featured a lot of excitement:
Titans beat the Eagles 26-23 on touchdown in OT.
Raiders 45, Browns 42 (Controversial sack that looked like a fumble)
Cowboys 26, Lions 24 (FG as time expired)
Ravens 26, Steelers 14
Bengals 37, Falcons 36 (TD with 7 seconds left)
Texans 37, Colts 34 (OT)
Seahawks 20, Cardinals 17
Saints 33, Giants 18
Patriots 38, Dolphins 7
Bears 48, Buccaneers 10
Jaguars 31, Jets 12
1. COLLEGE FOOTBALL…Utah (2-2, 0-2) lost 28-14 to Washington State. Next up: at Stanford, Saturday at 8:30 p.m.
BYU lost 35-7 to Washington and dropped out of the AP top 25. The Huskies moved up to No. 10. NEXT UP: Hosting BYU, Friday.
Utah State (3-1) beat Air Force 42-32. Next UP: at BYU, Friday.
Weber State (3-2) beat Northern Colorado 45-28. Next up: hosting Northern Arizona, Saturday at 3:30 p.m.
SUU (0-6) had a bye, but they host Eastern Washington in Cedar City, Saturday, 1:05 p.m.
2. Ohio State beat Penn State 27-26 in the battle of Big 10 unbeatens by scoring a TD with less than two minutes to play and then keeping Penn State from scoring on their last drive.2. The U.S. lost the Ryder Cup 17 ½ to 10 ½ after going in as the favorite with allegedly its strongest team in history. One of the few bright spots for the U.S. team was SL nativeTony Finau, who ended up with the second-best record for the U.S.
3. Nick Rimando had a huge night against Kansas City to allow RSL to leave Children’s Mercy Park with a 1-1 draw. He has six saves in an outstanding performance that keeps RSL in the playoff hunt. They’re currently sixth in the Western Conference, but points are ridiculously close from top to bottom.
4. Utah women’s volleyball team beat No. 13 Washington. Utah women’s soccer beat ASU 2-0.
5. BYU volleyball preserved it’s No. 1 ranking with a win over Pacific on Saturday.
6. Rocky Mountain Raceway hosted its last races on Saturday. The track has been operating since July 23, 1968, will be demolished and replaced by an industrial park.
7. Real Monarchs lost a 2-0 match against Colorado Springs.
8. Amy’s Column: Lessons in resilience from high school athletes.
Subscribe to X96's News!
Get the latest music news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.