EVERY SUNDAY NIGHT AT 9, COREY O’BRIEN PLAYS YOU NEW ALTERNATIVE (EXCEPT THIS WEEK. THIS WEEK HE’S DOING HIS YEAR-IN-REVIEW).
I know we are on the 7th or 8th week of this show, but I can’t help myself. This week I present to you my favorite songs of 2016. Why am I doing this on I.P.O.? Well, because most of this stuff would send me to the unemployment line if I played it when the sun was up. Granted, my tastes are a bit more eclectic than the rest of the staff, but the ears want this with ears want. So with that, I present to you my ultimate 2016 playlist.
- Yeasayser “Silly Me” from “Amen & Goodbye” released in April
- M83 “Go (Feat. Mai Lan) from “Junk” released in April
- Radiohead “True Love Waits” from “A Moon Shaped Pool” released in May
- Against Me! “33” from “Shape Shift with Me” released in September
- The Faint “Young & Realistic” from “Capsule:1999-2016” released in September
- Holy Ghost! “Crime Cutz” from “Crime Cutz EP” released in April
- Bishop Briggs “Wild Horses”
- Deftones “Prayers / Triangles” from “Gore” released in April
- The Avalanches “Subways” from “Wildflower” released in July
- STRFKR “Tape Machine” from “Being No One, Going No Where” released in November
- Glass Animals “Mama’s Gun” from “How to be a Human Being” released in August
- Local Natives “Fountain of Youth” from “Sunlit Youth” released in September