A Michigan man was killed at a baby shower when a cannon used for a gender-reveal exploded.
According to police, a “small cannon device” exploded, spraying metal shrapnel that hit the 26-year-old victim as well as several nearby vehicles.
A 26-year-old Hartland man died after a small canon device exploded during a baby shower. https://t.co/zjF5IotTXK
— The Detroit News (@detroitnews) February 8, 2021
It’s not the first time a gender-reveal stunt has gone wrong. An Iowa woman was killed by an explosion in 2019, while another party last September sparked a wildfire that burned thousands of acres in Southern California.
Do we need to ban all gender reveal parties? What’s your ‘party gone wrong’ story?
Subscribe to X96's News!
Get the latest music news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.