Life

Australian Man Dies After Eating A Slug On A Dare

Next time a friend dares you to drunkenly do something, perhaps you should consider passing. An Australian man contracted a rare disease that ultimately took his life, after accepting a challenge from his buddies. Sam Ballard spent an evening drinking in 2010, when, at one point his friends got the then 19-year-old to swallow a slug. Soon after Ballard lost the ability to walk and fell into a coma. Turns out the slug was infected with a parasite called rat lungworm, and he came down with a type of meningitis. Unfortunately, the former rugby player didn’t recover and died on Friday.

Join X96's email list for information about concerts, contests, and more!

* indicates required

Download X96's App



Author

  • X96 is Utah's Original Alternative. It is self-aware. It is ingrained. It plays bands like Panic! at the Disco, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Cure, and Muse. It's part of a healthy diet and it's why native Utahns are so stout and stalwart. Listen and become part of it and it will become part of you.

Comments
To Top