Life

Woman Mistakes Stick Of Dynamite For Candle

A Connecticut woman had a real-life cartoon moment during a power outage last September, which unfortunately left her with not so funny, serious injuries. Katrina Gutierrez was rummaging through her basement looking for a candle to light the darkened room. When the mother of two found what she thought was one, she lit it. Turns out, it was actually a stick of dynamite, which exploded, causing injury to her left hand, right eye and chest and arms. Gutierrez is now suing the former owner of the Bridgeport home, claiming “willful, wanton and reckless conduct” by leaving the explosive behind.

Download X96's App



Join X96's email list for information about concerts, contests, and more!

* indicates required

Author

  • X96

    X96 is Utah's Original Alternative. It is self-aware. It is ingrained. It plays bands like Panic! at the Disco, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Cure, and Muse. It's part of a healthy diet and it's why native Utahns are so stout and stalwart. Listen and become part of it and it will become part of you.

Comments
To Top