- Real Salt Lake lost 3-0 to the L.A. Galaxy thanks to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who scored two goals with headers.
- Monarchs beat the Toros on June 4. They play again on Wednesday.
- Royals host the North Carolina Courage Saturday at 5 p.m. They beat Sky Blue on June 2 before taking a break for the U.S. women’s friendly with China on June 7. The Americans, including Amy Rodriguez of the Royals, won 1-0.
- The Washington Capitals win the Stanley Cup, the first title in the team’s 44-year history.
- BYU football hires its first woman, Tasha Bell, to work on the coaching staff and she promises to bring a unique mix of skills to the job of on-campus recruiting and player development
- Bees pitchers combined for a shutout in a 4-0 win over New Orleans Baby Cakes on Friday night in front of 7,293 at Smith’s Ballpark on Friday night. They won Saturday but lost Sunday.
- Justify becomes the third horse to achieve a Triple Crown with his Belmont victory. At 6-0, he joins Seattle Slew in 1977 as the only two undefeated Triple Crown winners; he’s the first to sweep the series without racing at age 2 (because of a pulled muscle); and he’s the only horse to beat nine rivals in the Belmont with a Triple try on the line. Slew also was a wire-to-wire Belmont winner.
Amy’s Column: Utah prep now an OSU lineman takes on controversy surrounding kneeling during the anthem.