- It is rivalry week!
Utah and BYU will open their seasons against each other in Provo on Aug. 29. Utah has high expectations, incredible depth – and national pre-season respect. Tyler Huntley returns as QB for his senior season after missing the last five games last year.
Profile on BYU QB Zach Wilson…
- Stoking the rivalry is just about everything, including this story about ESPN’s Lee Corso predicting pre-season NO. 14 Utah would make it to the National Championship Game, where they’d lose to Alabama.
- It should be a fun season for most of the Utah teams…BYU, Utah and USU have veteran quarterbacks returning and solid teams around them. In the first College football game of the season, No. 8 Florida held off Miami for a 24-20 win. In the Pac-12, Hawaii upset Arizona 45-38.
- Andrew Luck shocked everyone when he announced he was going to retire from football at age 29.
- Real Salt Lake capitalized on stoppage time to beat the Colorado Rapids 2-0, propelling them into second place in the West. The race is so tight, however, and playoff spots are clinched. So every point is critical.
- Team USA lost to Australia 98-94 in Melbourne. That loss ended a 78-game win streak and raised some doubts about whether Team USA can win a third consecutive World Cup in China. (Last loss was in the semifinals of World Championships in 2006)