The CDC is begging you: do not drink hand sanitizer. Health officials don’t want you to get methanol poisoning, as methanol is NOT an acceptable ingredient for hand sanitizer.
A CDC report published Wednesday reveals that four people have died from drinking hand sanitizer, while three of those dead suffered terrible seizures before passing.
People are getting sick and even dying after swallowing hand sanitizer, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says.
Four have died and others have suffered impaired vision or seizures, the CDC says. https://t.co/W7UXiBxmSm
— CNN (@CNN) August 6, 2020
Others who have drank hand sanitizer have also suffered from seizures, loss of consciousness, stomach issues or loss of vision. 15 cases of methanol poisoning were reported in New Mexico and Arizona – all related to drinking hand sanitizer.
Why do you think some Americans are drinking hand sanitizer?
Subscribe to X96's News!
Get the latest music news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.