So you’re headed to the gym, eh? Here’s a list of 17 songs that will make your workout just a little bit better.
1. Blur – Song 2
Woo hoo! Use the tempo of this song to get your warmup started. It’ll put you in the perfect mood to get work done.
2. Green Day – Basket Case
Classic Green Day. Just about the time you’re having second thoughts about how hard you should hit it, this song will get you in the perfect groove. And make you smile.
3. Imagine Dragons – It’s Time
Whether you’re on the treadmill or pushing weights, this song will help you keep a good tempo.
4. Daft Punk – Da Funk
Now you’re in the zone.
5. Bastille – Pompeii
How are you going to be an optimist about the number of crunches you have to do after you ate that double cheeseburger for lunch? This song will help.
6. Fall Out Boy – Sugar, We’re Goin Down
Focus on the lyrics, not the pain.
7. Arctic Monkeys – R U Mine?
Here IS where you want to be.
8. Bleachers – Rollercoaster
You’re halfway there! This is the perfect song to motivate you to keep going.
9. Cage The Elephant – Ain’t No Rest For The Wicked
Ain’t no rest for the person trying to shed those last few holiday pounds.
10. My Chemical Romance – Teenagers
Teenagers. They’re scary at the gym too. How do they work out like that for THREE HOURS?!
11. Angels & Airwaves – The Wolfpack
Brand new one from Tom Delonge and company. Good tempo for the lat pull-down or upright row.
12. Panic! At The Disco – I Write Sins Not Tragedies
Don’t panic! You’re just about to hit the home stretch!
13. The White Stripes – Seven Nation Army
Can you really get a good workout without these guys in your ears?
14. Fugazi – Waiting Room
Oldie but goodie. Jump, run, or pedal to this beat.
15. Rage Against The Machine – Snakecharmer
Don’t worry. Zack de la Rocha will give you the motivation you need to get to the end.
16. Rise Against – Tragedy + Time
Look at that! You’ve been working out for almost an hour now. One more to go!
17. Muse – Supermassive Black Hole
Ooooh baby, I know you suffered. But it was for your own good. Now go get a protein shake.
Just in case you’re hitting the gym today and want the whole playlist, here it is: