News

Boner Candidates October 1st, 2015

Boner Candidate #1: WELL, THAT DOES SOUND LIKE ME

A South Salt Lake man, 58, was charged Monday with approaching a 12-year-old neighbor and asking her if she would have sex with him for money. Steve Leroy Whiting was charged in 3rd District Court with sexual solicitation of a child, a third-degree felony. Police say Whiting approached the girl in his neighborhood near 2900 South and 200 East on Aug. 21 and offered her $50 to have sex with him for one hour. Whiting told South Salt Lake police he couldn’t remember saying that to the girl, “but admits it sounds like something he would do,” charging documents state.

Read More

Boner Candidate #2: THOSE DEVIOUS CANADIANS

The controversial House Majority Leader in Indiana — he cosponsored the state’s “religious freedom” law — resigned suddenly on Tuesday after a sexually compromising video was sent to all of the people on his “Contacts” list, the Advocate’s Bil Browning reports. After news of the mass-texting began to circulate, Representative Jud McMillin (R) claimed that his “phone was stolen in Canada and out of my control for about 24 hours. I have just been able to reactivate it under my control. Please disregard any messages you received recently. I am truly sorry for anything offensive you may have received.” But his “Canadian girlfriend stole my phone” defense apparently didn’t convince many of his “Contacts” — or at least, not the ones who mattered — and so Tuesday night he released a statement in which he said that the “time is right for me to pass the torch and spend more time with my family.”

Read More

Boner Candidate #3: ENOUGH WITH THE ANTI VIOLENCE STUFF

An artist was shot to death Tuesday while working on a public mural in Oakland, California, sponsored by a group trying to reduce violence in the troubled and changing neighborhood. An argument broke out between the artist and shooter beneath a highway overpass around 10:30 a.m. as the artist worked on a painting called “Self as Superhero,” authorities said. The work had been designed as a collaboration between West Oakland middle school students and area muralists. Students were scheduled to work with artists at the site on Wednesday. The gunman fled after the shooting and remained at large.

Read More


Subscribe to X96's News!

Get the latest music news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.

* indicates required
Comments

Most Viewed

To Top