– Welcome to Me (R) 105 mins – 1.5 stars
When Alice Klieg wins the Mega-Millions lottery, she immediately quits her psychiatric meds and buys her own talk show.
Director: Shira Piven
Actors: Kristen Wiig, James Marsden, Linda Cardellini
– Maggie (PG-13) 95 mins – 3 stars
A teenage girl in the Midwest becomes infected by an outbreak of a disease that slowly turns the infected into cannibalistic zombies. During her transformation, her loving father stays by her side.
Director: Henry Hobson
Actors: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Abigail Breslin, Joely Richardson
– 5 Flights Up (PG-13) 92 mins – 3 stars
A long-time married couple who’ve spent their lives together in the same New York apartment become overwhelmed by personal and real estate-related issues when they plan to move away.
Director: Richard Loncraine
Actors: Diane Keaton, Morgan Freeman, Cynthia Nixon
– The D Train (R) 97 mins – 3.5 stars
The head of a high school reunion committee travels to Los Angeles to track down the most popular guy from his graduating class and convince him to go to the reunion.
Directors: Andrew Mogel, Jarrad Paul
Actors: Jack Black, James Marsden, Kathryn Hahn
– The Salt of the Earth (PG-13) 110 mins – 3.5 stars
For the last 40 years, the photographer Sebastião Salgado has been travelling through the continents, in the footsteps of an ever-changing humanity. He has witnessed some of the major events of our recent history; international conflicts, starvation and exodus. He is now embarking on the discovery of pristine territories, of wild fauna and flora, and of grandiose landscapes as part of a huge photographic project which is a tribute to the planet’s beauty.
Directors: Juliano Ribeiro Salgado, Wim Wenders
Actors: Sebastião Salgado, Wim Wenders, Juliano Ribeiro Salgado
– Hot Pursuit – 1.5 stars
An uptight and by-the-book cop tries to protect the outgoing widow of a drug boss as they race through Texas pursued by crooked cops and murderous gunmen.
Director: Anne Fletcher
Actors: Reese Witherspoon, Sofía Vergara, Matthew Del Negro
– Dior and I
– Far From the Madding Crowd
– Gett: The Trial of Viviane Ansalem
– Mad Max: Fury Road
– Pitch Perfect 2
Pick of the week:
– The Organ Loft is showing the 1923 silent melodrama “Trapped by the Mormons,” which plays like the “Reefer Madness” of anti-Mormon propaganda, tonight (Thursday) and Friday at 7:30 p.m. – The Organ Loft is at 3331 S. Edison St. near the Century 16 Cinemas in South Salt Lake.
Subscribe to X96's News!
Get the latest music news, contests and flyaways, and more straight to your inbox with our weekly emails.