1. Bill Cosby Controversy: A Decade In The Making
Photo Courtesy of JeffreyPutman
The sexual assault allegations that recently resurfaced against Bill Cosby first became public in 2005 when a former employee of his alma mater, Temple University, claimed he had drugged and abused her a year earlier at his suburban Philadelphia home.
2. ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 1’ Opens With $123 Million
Photo Courtesy of tanahelene
“Mockingjay, Part 1” didn’t catch fire like the previous installments of “The Hunger Games,” but it still had the biggest opening of the year with $123 million at the weekend box office, according to studio estimates Sunday.
3. Bono bike crash sent ‘Tonight Show’ into emergency mode
Photo Courtesy of Danny Hammontree
When Bono’s injuries in a Central Park bike accident turned out to be much worse than first thought, so did the potential ramifications for Jimmy Fallon and his “Tonight Show,” which planned for the band to be much more than just its musical guests for a week.
4. Katy Perry to Paparazzo: “We Hv Pictures of Ur Tiny Penis”
Photo Courtesy of Hello/Katy Perry
Hopping on the hip “fix your little dick” trend started by Lorde last week, Katy Perry named and shamed infamous Australian paparazzo Jamie Fawcett on Twitter last night, calling him a “true sicko” with a “tiny penis.”
5. Hmm: Blink-182 Member Says Streaming Music Is Like Killing Elephants
Photo Courtesy of Ashley Polk
Tom DeLonge, guitarist of Blink-182, a band whose full catalog is currently available on Spotify, said in a recent interview with Faster Louder that streaming music is like “killing elephants for their tusks and carving ivory statues.”
6. Jennifer Aniston Is a Genius
Photo Courtesy of Arielde Morais
Jennifer Aniston’s idea for a Friends reunion is a casual work of genius and should be the only option considered going forward.
7. Renée Zellweger sells Hamptons mansion above $4.45M asking price
Did Renée Zellweger’s star power have something to do with the speed of her latest real estate deal?
Photo Courtesy of Melanie McDermott
8. Car nearly mows down John Lennon movie shoot
Photo Courtesy of Arthur Gugick
Talk about a close call. Cast and crew of the upcoming indie “The Lennon Report” almost got mowed down by a car driving the wrong way across E. 25th Street on Thursday night.
9. Alec Baldwin’s stalker already back at it after leaving jail
Photo Courtesy of Sam Hurd
She’s drawn to him like a moth to a flame — and apparently doesn’t care that she’ll be burned again.
Featured photo by Jeff Plum